This privacy notice sets out how RENAISSANCE TRAVEL AND TOURISM LIMITED trading as TRAVELORAMA registered at 36, Ellesmere Court, Leechmere Industrial Estate, Sunderland SR2 9UA Tyne and Wear and incorporated in the United Kingdom protects the privacy of your personal information. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you before, during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, other data privacy regulations and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR (EU) 2016/679).
- What information do we collect and why?
We need to collect, use and disclose personal information to perform our duties as a travel agent, namely, making and managing travel bookings on behalf of our customers. During the course of our relationship we may collect the following:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details (address, telephone and email address)
- Passport number, date of birth and nationality – if required by the respective airline
- Payment information: card number, security number, expiration date and cardholder name
- Frequent flyer numbers, car rental programme and hotel room preferences (if applicable)
- Dietary requirements and health issues (if any) relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. accommodation or tour providers).
- Information provided by filling forms on our website – e.g. email address, where you heard about us and your travel preferences. This information will be used to keep you up to date with all our latest offers and products
- Call recordings – calls may be recorded for the purposes of quality control and staff training
- Social media – by interacting with the social media features on our website (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) you will be bound by the privacy policies of the respective social media companies
- IP address and cookies – When you access our website our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address.
- How will we collect this information?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data and other individuals personal data on your booking, by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you do the following:
Purchase our travel agency services;
Create an account on our website;
Subscribe to our services or communications;
Request marketing to be sent to you;
Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
Give us some feedback.
Other sources of personal data:
If you log-in using your social network credentials to connect to our platforms and online services e.g. Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube, your user details may be shared with us. For example, your name, email address, date of birth, location, and any other information you choose to share with us.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking.
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for us to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Notice.
- What do we use your personal data for?
- In order to perform our duties as a travel agent. The consequences of not providing this information is that we will be unable to complete your booking.
- Personal and contact details are used for the purposes of completing the travel bookings you make on our site. Similarly, payment information, passport numbers, date of birth, frequent flyer numbers and dietary requirements.
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service.
- Your information may also be utilised for broader reasons, such as: to provide you with travel confirmation and updates on your itinerary, to manage your booking and to allow us to contact you for customer service.
- We may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities; about special offers, new products or competitions. These may include emails, text messages and data messages. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
With your consent
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, your personal information may be used, with your explicit consent, to send you relevant promotional fares.
- With whom do we disclose your personal data?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purpose explained:
Other entities of our group who provide sales, call centre support and administrative services for the fulfilment of your orders and resolving customer services issues.
External third parties who provide IT technical services, data centre services, call centre support, back office support and email marketing automation services.
Suppliers for travel arrangements, including flight booking, temporary accommodation, transport and visa arrangements.
So that you can travel, in certain circumstances, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
Where applicable, we require all external third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
5.For how long do we keep your personal data on file?
We will keep your personal data while we have legal liabilities in relation to the services we have provided you with. To protect us against any contractual claims, generally for a period of 6 years
In addition to the above, if you are subscribed to our newsletters, we will keep your email address for this purpose until you ask to be unsubscribed.
Records are kept in line with legal and regulatory requirements / guidance
6.How secure do we keep your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those staff members or other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We also work with carefully selected suppliers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. We only share the minimum personal data that enable our suppliers to provide their services to you and us and we have contractual arrangements in place with them
Below is a list of the rights that you have regarding the personal information that we process. You have the right to
- Confirm with us that we are processing your data
- Request access to the personal data we hold
- Have data amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that we delete your personal data if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that we remove your consent
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on info@TRAVELORAMA.co.uk providing details of your request.
- IP addresses
When you visit our website, use any of our mobile applications or open communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address.
We collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non- personal data. For example, to monitor the device, browser utilised and geographic locations from where customers and visitors navigate our site.
- Tracking Technologies / Cookies
In addition to the first party cookies mentioned above, we may use anonymised third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps, such as Google analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps
11.How to contact us?
You may contact our Customer Services Department on 020 3970 4141 or email the Customer Services Department at info@TRAVELORAMA.co.uk
If you have any suggestion, appreciation and feedback to provide for our services and assistance